Before the arrival of your consignment to the port of delivery in Lagos ,Nigeria do make sure to get details of consignment across to enable us check and give you tentative cost of clearing thus make stress-free clearing delivery possible.
Let’s walk you through the step by step of how your vehicle is cleared;
- Valuation for the vehicle is gotten from Customs.
- Vessel discharge and consignment taken into the designated terminal.
- Consignment is assessed ,customs duty paid and electronic receipt generated.
- Consignment is booked and examined by customs to confirm alignment with declaration on shipping manifest.
- Consignment with no discrepancy is released electronically by the Nigerian Customs.
- Shipping company and Terminal dues are paid and documents received.
- Exit is issued and signed by customs and delivery can be made to owners.
NOTE: Valuation is a customs written document given to agents. It enables us to know the amount needed to be paid.as import tariff. Customs uses its own value for a car thus no need for clients to get proof of how much vehicle was bought .
For general goods the client is to get a packing list and invoices showing the total cost of the consignment which includes insurance and freight .
IMPORTER'S CHECKLIST (GENERAL CARGO)
• Confirm appointment of licensed customs clearing agent.
• Open or update your bank current account details.
• Confirm on Pro Forma Invoice that country of origin, port of loading, supplier address & telephone number are correct.
• Confirm quantity, unit price, Nigerian shipper’s address, & telephone is correct.
• Confirm the port of discharge, mode of shipment, proper cargo description is correct.
• Confirm that correct Nigerian custom product harmonized tariff code is apply.
• For import, confirm that all above details was properly filled on monetary document form ‘M’
• Confirm that all regulatory permits regards product is attached & fill form ‘M’
• Confirm freight rate is correctly typed.
• Confirm hazardous cargo compliance.
• Confirm bank approval on filled Form ‘M’ by generated bank form ‘M’ B.A. number.
• Confirm destination inspection form ‘M’ approval/ permission for cargo shipment.
SHIPMENT/ LOADING CHECKLIST
• Scan and send to supplier, the bank approved form ‘M’ number and bank BA number
• Confirm correctness of Bill of lading draft details before final B/L is issued.
• Confirm correct form ‘M’ & BA number on bill of lading.
AFTER SHIPMENT CHECKLIST
• Track and confirm shipment is on-board scheduled vessel.
• Confirm correctness of entered details on received shipping documents.
• Confirm ETA- expected time of arrival.
• Confirm shipping document to include B/L original, commercial invoice, certificate of value and origin, parking list.
• Submit all received final shipping document to your bank for final form ‘M’ approval.
• Confirm the issuance of PAAR (Pre Arrival Assessment Report) by inspection agent.
CHECKLIST FOR ORIGIN AND DESTINATION PORT CLEARANCE.
• Licensed agent to calculate appropriate duty rate.
• Licensed agent to confirm arrival of cargo list of intended vessel/ flight.
• Filling and payment of duty tax on customs SGD.
• Cargo examined(physical of scanned) by customs and all other port security agency.